Please Introduce Yourself
- Hiroyuki Nakasuka
From Aichi, Japan
Thinking about life
Meet various people
Why did you decide to become a sushi chef?
- When I was a student, my father (general office worker) cooked dinner on the weekend.
I was proud of my father because my friends said his foods nice. Then I wanted to become an adult who can cook well.
How did you learn sushi (Japanese cuisine)?
- Many seniors told me about the wonderful Japanese cuisine and sushi techniques.
I think it's important to act myself and make a lot of mistakes and experiences.
What is the point that makes something worth doing of working as a sushi chef?
- When the customer smiles and says, "Thank you, it was delicious", I feel happy.
Why did you choose Sushi Oribe (Malaysia)?
- Three years ago I came to Kuala Lumpur for a family trip.
I was overwhelmed by the cleanliness of the city and the powerful of Jalan Alor. Then I wanted to work in Kuala Lumpur.
What is your specialty dish?
- It is Squid sushi and Soup type Appetizer.
How long have you been a sushi chef?
- I have 20 years of experience in sushi and Japanese cuisine.
What's the difference between Japanese sushi restaurants and Malaysian sushi restaurants?
- I don't really feel the difference between Japan and Malaysia.
Please tell us your future dreams and goals.
- The future goal is to provide sushi and space for customers to enjoy.